We had great luck with our bell peppers and tomatoes this year, which inspired a new recipe in our kitchen. The kids (1 & 4 YO) were all over it the first time I whipped it up. I make it pretty often now (because they’ll eat it!) It’s been a quick, delicious, FORGIVING recipe that you can alter as you see fit.
2 chicken breasts
1/4 white onion
1 large tomato
2 green peppers
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. each of the following–
- Spanish Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Minced Garlic
2 cups Minute Rice
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups Water
1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar (Shredded)
- Spray your sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Slice chicken breasts in half to create four equal sized servings. Place on baking sheet.
- Slice (not dice!) onion, peppers and tomato. Spread the veggies evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle each of the spices evenly over the chicken breasts and slices of onion, pepper and tomato (sprinkling equals approximately 1 teaspoon of each– but you can add more or less or each depending on your taste. See? Forgiving!)
- Drizzle 2 tbsp. olive oil on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (make sure chicken is cooked through.)
- When the chicken & veggies have 10 minutes to go, follow the package directions for the rice. When the rice is finished, add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and mix until melted.
- Serve chicken & veggies on top of a bed of rice.